Wednesday 23 July 2014

Basic Mayonnaise

I love mayonnaise, I love it on chips, chicken, fish, burgers, well basically anything goes with mayo. However, like most people, I bought it in because I was just too lazy to make it myself. However I have been experimenting with an quick and easy DIY mayo that can be used as it is or have things added to it to give you different flavours.


So here is how to make enough for three-four servings:-

1 large, fresh egg
1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
salt and pepper
150ml Oil (I used rapeseed oil)

Put the egg, mustard, salt and pepper into a food processor. Turn it on and pour the oil through the top, it will start to thicken. Leave after all oil has gone for 10 more seconds then switch of. Check consistency (you can add more oil if you want it thicker) and seasoning.

Put into a fridge and consume within 7 days.

It is as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment